An unarmed security officer means any person who performs the functions of observation, detection, reporting, or notification of appropriate authorities or designated agents regarding persons or property on the premises that individual is contracted to protect, and who does not carry or have access to a firearm in the performance of their duties. Washington DOL Unarmed Security Guard Pre-Assignment Training is required by any person providing security services in Washington State.
Olympic Tactical takes pride in our history of working with each and every individual client in custom tailoring a security training service that is right for you and your business. Olympic Tactical has been active with the Washington State Department of Licensing. We have provided training to hundreds of officers each year. Our instructors comply with all statutory requirements and process for certification are outlined in RCW 18.170: Security guards, RCW 18.235: Uniform Regulation of Business and Professions, WAC 308-18: Private security guard companies and private security guards.
- To be licensed as an unarmed private security guard, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a United States citizen or resident alien.
- Be employed by, or have an employment offer from, a licensed private security guard company.
- Have no criminal convictions that directly relate to your capacity to perform the duties of a private security guard or that hinder public safety.
- Complete the pre-assignment training requirements.
WA DOL 8 Hour Pre Assignment Certification
(We schedule based on demand. Contact us to let us know you’re interested.)
Apply directly to the security guard company you wish to work for. To apply, submit all of the following:
- A completed Private Security Guard License Application.
- 1 completed fingerprint card.
- A non-refundable application fee.